Have you ever thought about adding a different style of steps to your deck? Look at this unique deck we did in Farmington!
What’s better than choosing your own unique style?
There are so many ways to customize your own deck or porch. From the color of the boards, railings, stairs, posts and more. You get to choose how you want it to look. If you want a unique design that has a custom area for your grill or multiple levels, we can help! Just look at the spiral stairs that we installed with this AZEK maintenance free deck. What a fun idea!
There are a variety of options to choose from when considering adding some outdoor living space to your home. We have gathered many important aspects of the deck construction process, to help you get a feel for all the choices you will have concerning your custom built deck in Minneapolis. Contact our deck construction professionals for more help with deck designs, layouts and materials.
- Deck Footings – Holes will be dug in order to pour concrete footings for the deck. This portion of the deck construction process is usually completed to the specific needs of your cities building codes. These concrete deck footings will be a solid support system for the deck posts.
- Posts – Once the post holes are dug and the concrete has set our deck builders we will then place the posts on the concrete footings. Our building contractors always ensure each decking post is level and the correct height for the deck beams.
- Beams – Next is the installation of the decking beams, the main structural support of the deck. Installing these horizontal beams correctly and at the proper location can dramatically affect the longevity and structural support of your entire deck.
- Joists – The joists will then be installed to build and support the deck frame. The size of the deck will determine the size, number and span of the deck joists.
- Deck Boards – Whether you choose low maintenance composite or natural wood, our deck builders provide only quality decking materials. Because deck boards are the floor of your newly constructed deck, be sure to choose decking with the look and maintenance needs you can live with happily.
- Deck Accessories – Custom decks give you the ability to choose all your own hardware, railing designs, elect for a gate and design your own staircase. Don’t be afraid to ask us about common deck accessories we install. Our Masonry Contractors are even skilled enough to add a custom kitchen, fireplace or any other type of brickwork addition.
For a custom deck with all the comforts you desire, contact Dupont Construction & Remodeling at 763-753-9796.