Fireplace Restoration Minneapolis MN
Experienced Masonry Experts Minneapolis MN
Fireplaces are beautiful and can make your home feel more welcoming and comfortable. If you live in the Minneapolis, MN area and know that winter is coming soon, then you should also know that it’s time to get your chimney inspected and any needed repairs completed.
Chimney repairs are very important to the safety of your family, not to mention, to keep your chimney and fireplace in great shape for years to come. They are made strong, but they’re not made to last forever. Luckily for you, we have the best masonry experts here at Dupont Construction & Remodeling.
Things to Look For In and Around Your Chimney:
• White stains on the brick
• Brick mortar crumbling
• Excess debris near or in the fireplace
• Damaged bricks and masonry
• Wall damage and discoloration
These are just a few sure signs that will give you the initiative to get your chimney inspected. There may even be a few things that you don’t notice right away or something on the roof that you can’t see that has been causing damage to the inside of your chimney.
How to Keep your Chimney “Healthy”
• Check your chimney cap! If it’s broken or cracked, install a new one.
• Check your chimney crown! If this is cracked or missing, you’re allowing a ton of weather and water to enter your chimney and we all know what moisture can do to someone’s home. Make sure you replace or repair that.
• Mortar joints should be repaired to keep your fireplace and chimney stable and strong against the cold temperatures outside and the heat inside.
• Make sure the flashing around the chimney is intact and doing its job. If not, replace or repair this right away!
• Make sure your flues are working properly for air flow.
• Last but not least, water-proof your chimney so it can withstand all the weather
Chimney Services Experts
Our licensed contractors have years of restoration and inspection experience with chimney’s and fireplaces. We know what it takes to keep chimney strong and able to withstand our gruesome winter months.
A Quick Chimney Fact:
When you light a fire during those cold winter nights, the inside of your chimney is very hot. After all, heat rises. While outside, it’s about 10 below zero and blowing snow. When the cold and heat mix like this it causes the bricks and mortar to expand.When you put the fire out, there’s no more heat leaving the chimney and now the bricks and mortar are just as cold as outside. With this mixture, your brick and mortar take on a lot of stress over the winter months and can possibly cause a lot of damage. If you don’t inspect your chimney before these winter months and there is already damage, you’re possibly facing a crumbling chimney or starting your home on fire.
This can be an unsettling feeling and we want you to know that your chimney and fireplace is ready to go for the cold months coming ahead.
Call us today and let us ease your mind before the snow flies. 763.753.9796