Chimney Repair And Restoration Mounds View MN
Is Your Chimney A Safety Hazard?
A fireplace is a great asset to have in your Mounds View, MN home. There is nothing like the feeling of curling up by a fire on a chilly, Minnesota evening. Of course a chimney must be in good working order for it to be safe to use. Over the years an old chimney will start to deteriorate and can become a safety hazard for Fire Danger, Poor Interior Air Quality or Falling Bricks. Did you know that 1 in 4 of all Residential Fires are related to Chimneys?! If your chimney is looking old and rough, there is need for minor repairs or even a complete replacement.
Have Your Chimney Inspected Annually
Your home’s chimney should be inspected at least once a year. Professionals at Dupont Construction know what to look for when determining if a chimney just needs a good cleaning or if its in need of repair or replacement.
- Inspect Chimney Before Buying a new home.
- Gas Fireplaces and Wood Fireplaces, both require chimney maintenance.
- A Chimney Inspection should include checking: Flashing, Mortar, for Cracked Tiles, Flaking Bricks, Cracks in Crown, Rusty Fire Box or Damper, and all workings of the chimney.
- For Safety reasons, you must install Carbon Monoxide Detectors and Smoke Detectors near the fireplace, as well as outside of sleeping areas.
- Have Chimney Cleaned and Creosote Removed so the inside can be thoroughly inspected also.
Maintaining A Well Working And Safe Chimney
Chimneys are built to last for decades, but time does take its toll on the structure. The ever-changing Mounds View, MN weather conditions can create havoc on even the finest chimneys. Water will erode the mortar that holds it all together. Our common Freeze/Thaw Cycles will speed up the deterioration. A Fallen Tree, High Winds or Lightning Strike can cause serious damage. There are things that can be done to maintain your chimney and help it to last longer.
- Have a Chimney Cap installed to prevent Rain and Snow and other objects from entering your chimney.
- Tuckpointing to fill in gaps between bricks
- Water-proofing bricks with a Masonry Sealer
- Repair or Replace all insufficient Flashing around chimney
- Chimney Crowns that are damaged should be fixed or replaced
- Replace a Broken Flue
Chimney Masonry Services Mounds View MN
When your old chimney is in need of repair or replacement, you can trust the professionals at Dupont Construction to do the job with Quality Workmanship that exceeds all local building codes and surpasses your expectations. We can handle the complete job including Removal of Existing Chimney, Repair when possible or do a Complete Replacement of your old chimney.
At Dupont Construction & Remodeling Our Work is Our Word. We know that you will be 100% Satisfied with our work and include a great Warranty to prove it.
Call Today for a Free Estimate 763-753-9796.