Fall Chimney Maintenance in Minnesota
Football season is beginning with a chill in the air. Is there a better way to warm up on a cold autumn day than watching a fire dancing around inside of a fireplace? Many Minnesotans relish this time of the year. Before lighting your first fire of the season, pay attention to safety and think about the condition of your chimney. Call in the Chimney Tuckpointing Experts from Dupont Construction & Remodeling to inspect your brickwork and make all necessary repairs. As an Experienced Tuck-pointing Contractor in Minneapolis, we provide affordable Minnesota Masonry Services to get you ready for the fall and winter seasons.
Take Care of Your Brickwork
Brick chimneys can be seen protruding above rooftops in nearly every Minnesota community. Wisps of smoke hang in the air when the temperatures dip below comfortable. The distinctive brickwork signifies that your home has a fireplace. Whether you have a wood burning or gas fireplace, maintaining the brickwork on the chimney will help keep it in safe working order.
Chimney Maintenance Tips for Fall
- An annual Chimney Inspection can detect safety concerns before they can become major safety hazard. Make sure to keep the chimney clean to avoid an accumulation of combustible creosote. Below are some additional tips for keeping your family safe while enjoying a cozy fireplace.
- Only burn seasoned firewood.
- Trim branches to at least 15 feet away from the chimney.
- Install a chimney cap to keep unwanted critters outside.
- Never burn wrapping paper or a Christmas tree.
- Attach a glass door or use a wire screen in front of your fireplace.
- Keep fires small enough that they don’t burn too hot and create a buildup of creosote.
- Keep paper, decorations, furnishings and debris a safe distance away from the fireplace.
- Install smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors in your home and test them regularly. Change batteries every six months and replace detectors that are over 10 years old.
Tuck-pointing Contractor Minneapolis
You should have an expert examine the chimney’s brickwork to check for cracks or loose bricks that can be a safety hazard. A Minneapolis Tuck-pointing Contractor can fix damaged mortar seams and restore the damaged bricks.
Minnesota Masonry Services
Dupont Construction & Remodeling are local, Minneapolis Tuck-pointing Contractors. Our skilled chimney tuckpointing experts have been providing MN Masonry Services for many years and understand what it takes to do the job right. We can restore the brickwork on your chimney and get it all ready for those chilly Minnesota autumn nights.
Call Dupont Construction & Remodeling for a Free Estimate on Tuck-pointing and Masonry Services at 763-753-9796.