Deck Building Company Minneapolis
Considering adding a deck to your home? Dupont Construction and Remodeling is a local Minneapolis deck building contractor with durable products and superior installation techniques. Together, we can custom design a deck that is a perfect addition to your home. Deck construction comes in many shapes, sizes and materials – contact our experienced deck builders and we can help you get a handle on all the selections needed when in the process of adding a deck to your home.
There are a variety of options to choose from when considering adding some outdoor living space to your home. We have gathered many important aspects of the deck construction process, to help you get a feel for all the choices you will have concerning your custom built deck in Minneapolis. Contact our deck construction professionals for more help with deck designs, layouts and materials.
- Deck Footings – Holes will be dug in order to pour concrete footings for the deck. This portion of the deck construction process is usually completed to the specific needs of your cities building codes. These concrete deck footings will be a solid support system for the deck posts.
- Posts – Once the post holes are dug and the concrete has set our deck builders we will then place the posts on the concrete footings. Our building contractors always ensure each decking post is level and the correct height for the deck beams.
- Beams – Next is the installation of the decking beams, the main structural support of the deck. Installing these horizontal beams correctly and at the proper location can dramatically affect the longevity and structural support of your entire deck.
- Joists – The joists will then be installed to build and support the deck frame. The size of the deck will determine the size, number and span of the deck joists.
- Deck Boards – Whether you choose low maintenance composite or natural wood, our deck builders provide only quality decking materials. Because deck boards are the floor of your newly constructed deck, be sure to choose decking with the look and maintenance needs you can live with happily.
- Deck Accessories – Custom decks give you the ability to choose all your own hardware, railing designs, elect for a gate and design your own staircase. Don’t be afraid to ask us about common deck accessories we install. Our Masonry Contractors are even skilled enough to add a custom kitchen, fireplace or any other type of brickwork addition.
For a custom deck with all the comforts you desire, contact Dupont Construction & Remodeling at 763-753-9796.