Deck & Porch Construction | Elk River Builders
As the weather begins to warm up, you’re no doubt eyeing the outdoors and itching at the chance to finally spend some time outside. As deck and porch builders in Elk River, MN, at Dupont Construction & Remodeling, we get especially excited this time of year. Not just because the phone calls start picking up, but because we get to work with our Minnesota neighbors to provide them with the outdoor living spaces that they’ve always dreamed of. If you’re looking to repair or replace an existing porch or deck, it’s important to choose wisely when selecting Elk River builders.
Most Popular Deck Materials
At Dupont Construction & Remodeling we’re well versed in the latest deck materials, and always provide a free consultation with our clients to determine their exact needs, based on their budget. Our most popular deck materials include:
- Natural Wood Decks – our most popular type of deck construction project allows you to have a beautiful deck to enjoy for years to come. Keep in mind that natural wood decks do require regular maintenance and staining to prolong their longevity.
- Maintenance Free Decks – a new type of decking that allows homeowners to enjoy the look and feel of a new deck without all the maintenance. Years ago, maintenance free decking was only available in drab colors, but today you can have a fully maintenance free deck in all sorts of wonderful shades and colors.
Springtime Deck Checklist
If you already have a deck and are looking for some help getting it ready for spring, keep the following maintenance tasks in mind. Most of these tips are geared towards homeowners with natural wood decks as opposed to maintenance free decks, which require very little maintenance.
- Pressure wash – Use a pressure washer to get rid of the months of caked on dirt, grime and mold that can cover the surface of your deck.
- Replace damaged handrails – Broken or damaged handrails can be a major safety hazard. It’s important to replace these items at the first sign of disrepair.
- Replace any broken nails – Ensure each nail is sitting flush with each board on your deck. Hammer in any nails that are sticking up and replace any that have bent or broken.
- Deck staining – Once you’ve performed these basic deck maintenance tasks you can elect to stain your deck to give it a bright and vibrant color.
Interested in Learning More About our Deck Construction Services?
We hope that this guide will come in handy as you prepare to get ready for the beautiful weather that is in store for Elk River residents. As deck builders with decades of experience, the courteous staff at Dupont Construction & Remodeling would be glad to come out to give you a free estimate on replacing, repairing or adding a deck or porch to your home. Give our office a call today at 763-753-9796 to setup an appointment with one of our project managers.